Credits, Copyright and use of third party assets.
Entries must include all appropriate credits. Failure to do so may trigger an automatic disqualification.
Entries may be inspired by and/or include a range of material from third parties. This is permissible as long as the finished entry is substantially a new work by the entrant(s). The appropriate use of this
material in no way diminishes your finished work or the chances of winning. However, failure to correctly credit all inspirations, third party works, team members, actors, etc will result in automatic disqualification.
All individuals contributing to a Team Entry must be credited with their roles clearly stated. This includes, but is not limited to: Producers, Directors, Directors of Photography, Art Directors, Visual Effects Supervisors, Animators, Modelers, Lighters (includes shading), Screenwriters, Editors, Compositors, Musicians, Audio Mixers, etc.
Credits – Actors.
Any live actor whose face appears in the finished Video entry must be credited. Teams must have gained the actor’s written permission prior to using their image or likeness.
Credits – Voice Actors.
Any voice actor whose voice is heard in the finished Video entry must be credited. Teams must have gained the voice actor’s written permission prior to using their voice.
- Challenge rules apply to individual and team entrants jointly and separately.
- All entrants, including all team members, must be registered with CGTalk or CGSociety and are bound by the membership terms and conditions http://wiki.cgsociety.org/index.php/Terms_and_Conditions.
- Team entrants must nominate a "Team Leader" who will be responsible for all correspondence with the Challenge Organizers including the allocation of prizes.
- A nominated Team leader cannot be changed without written agreement between the majority of the team members and Ballistic Media Pty. Ltd.
- Team leaders will be responsible for the distribution of prizes to other team members.
- Employees and immediate family relatives of Ballistic Media staff, sponsors and judges cannot compete in the challenge.
- Individuals may not participate in more than one team.
- Individuals may enter both Image and Video categories.
- Team members may make individual entries in the Image category. A team member may enter an individual category using work they have developed for their team entry, however they must have the written consent of their team leader to do this.
- Ballistic Media will take no responsibility for, or become involved in, disputes between team members and reserves the right to disqualify teams with members who cannot cooperate with each other.
- Entries should be original and should remain unprinted outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge. Any entry deemed by the judges to be identical or substantially similar to any other entry previously entered may be disqualified as a derivate work.
- Images must conform to nominal decency guidelines. Any image deemed to contain content that depicts violence, racial, political, religious, sexual or any other inflammatory material in an inappropriate manner may be disqualified and removed. Interpretation of what is, and is not, appropriate material is the sole discretion of Ballistic Media and/or its appointed agents.
- Live action footage is permitted in the Video category. Entrants must obtain and submit a written release from any person appearing in the footage who is recognizable (i.e. their face appears).
- No late entries will be accepted. Ballistic Media will not be held responsible for late entries for any reason whatsoever. It is the sole responsibility of the entrants to make reasonable allowances for upload times and to plan accordingly.
- Judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To be eligible for prizes, all winning entrants must provide detailed “making of” articles.
- Any import taxes or duties on prizes must be paid by the prize winner. It is illegal for Ballistic Media or any of the sponsors to pay duties and taxes on behalf of a winner. Ballistic Media and sponsors will not make false valuation claims to assist winners from evading any applicable duties and taxes.
- By entering artwork, animation and copy to the competition the entrant warrants that they are the sole copyright holder, or they have obtained the rights sufficient for the purpose of the competition.
- The entrant grants Ballistic Media and competition sponsors rights to use all entered materials in any media for sales, marketing and merchandising material provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials.
- The winners grant Ballistic Media first right to publish their submitted work in any media.
- Entrants should notify Ballistic Media in writing at least one week prior to the publication of their work in any media.
- Other than the rights assigned in the preceding clauses entrants retain copyright of all entered materials and are free to use said materials for personal promotions.
- The entrant indemnifies Ballistic Media against any claims or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages from any party that may arise from any use, including but not limited to, publication of entry materials submitted as a part of, or in association with the competition.
- Ballistic Media will not return any material submitted.
- Disqualification for any reason does not automatically result in alteration of an entry.
- Disqualification of an entry is at the sole discretion of the judges and Ballistic Media and will only affect the eligibility of an entry to win a prize.
- There is no agreement or contract between the artist and Ballistic Media. The artist assumes all responsibility and costs for delivering images and other required information to the Ballistic Media for consideration in the competition.
- Ballistic Media does not require any payment for entry of images nor does Ballistic Media offer any form of payment, actual or implied, to any entrants.
- Ballistic Media will take reasonable measures to ensure the security of entries and information supplied to them. In no event shall Ballistic Media be liable to any party for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the loss of images and data supplied, even if Ballistic Media has been advised of the possibility of such loss and damages.
- Ballistic Media may suspend a category if insufficient entries are received for that category to be considered viable and be judged.
- Ballistic Media reserves the right to suspend, shorten, modify or cancel the challenge, including these rules, in any manner at its sole discretion with or without prior notice.
- This list of terms and conditions constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions and supersedes any prior terms and conditions, oral or written, and any other communications relating to these terms and conditions.